1st EFAT Conference
abril 30 @ 8:00 am - mayo 2 @ 5:00 pm
‘Places, Spaces and Time – Shaping the European Art Therapy Landscape’
Descripción: Places, Spaces and Time – Shaping the European Art Therapy Landscape’ is primarily an invitation to Art Therapists from all over Europe to meet and join for imagining, creating, thinking and sharing together. EFAT literally provides the place, space, and time for telling and listening, for exchanging and networking in paper/poster presentations, workshops, art projects, round tables etc., and means to put the participants at the centre of the (attr)action!
It is also about the questions which arise from the theme in relation to art therapy. What about place(s), space(s) and time in Art Therapy? We invite you to explore the different dimensions of the field, such as:
- the different meanings, uses, definitions of place, space and time in a session;
- different approaches, understandings, and applications of AT;
- historical influences, developments (time) and/or local traditions (place) that shape art therapy practices in different cultural contexts (space), f.ex. the impact which cultural style has on the setting, the place of the art work in the encounter and on (relational) boundaries;
- which place, space and time do art therapists occupy in the (mental) health/ psychotherapy “scene” or in society?
- what is a person’s/ group’s therapeutic experience during a specified period, in a particular space or on a particular occasion?
In addition we have selected special thematic tracks from our recent survey, according to high demand:
- Art therapy with children/ adolescents
- Art therapy with displaced persons/ refugees
- Art therapy with persons suffering from medical/ physical conditions (f.ex. cancer, multiple sclerosis, …)
- Art therapy in private practice
- Art therapy in school/ educational settings
- Community based art therapy (streetwork, client’s home, museum/galleries….)
- Art therapy with groups: focus on the exploration of different models
- Mentalisation in art therapy
- Art therapy supervision in theory and practice
- Research in Art Therapy:
- Presentation of recent/ current studies/ projects
- Presentation of research models/ methodologies
- Researchers’ corner: Specific research topics/ issues